News:

SMF - installed December 2017.
Returning members - please use the 'Forgot Password' function when logging in to the new Forum for the first time. If you have changed your email address please let me know so I can update it.

Main Menu

Engine Mounting Rubbers 2 Litre Saloon

Started by Gordon Rainbird, October 27, 2009, 19:42:22

Previous topic - Next topic

Gordon Rainbird

No engine mounting rubbers are on my 2 Litre Saloon 1951. Is this normal?? Also how do you post a photo on this site??

Robin A Woolmer

Front mounting should have rubber bonded mount each side of the front of the engine to isolate it from the chassis, Brian Eacott should be able to supply these, there were two types on the 2-litre saloon so discuss it with Brian for your car.
   Others will assist on posting photo's
   Robin

nikbj68

quote:
Originally posted by Gordon Rainbird...how do you post a photo on this site??

Hi Gordon. If you go to the Posting Photos thread and follow the instructions in the 5th post down, you should be sorted, or, you could email me photos & I will post them on your behalf.
   Nik.

Gordon Rainbird

Cor! Fantastic! Thanks for that! Think I need to resize though. :)

nikbj68

Nice work with the photo...I wouldn`t bother resizing!

Only guessing here, but the nut appears off-centre to the casting, is there a 'top hat' bush like this from the Steve Hill Motorsport website, (but maybe taller,)that has disintegrated?

Robin A Woolmer

This is an early Metalastic mount used on the 2- litre, these should be available from Brain Eacott.They bolt into the chassis & the block feet bolt onto them each side, probably should be a washer under the head of the bolt to spread the load on the aluminium feet.

Robin