News:

SMF - installed December 2017.
Returning members - please use the 'Forgot Password' function when logging in to the new Forum for the first time. If you have changed your email address please let me know so I can update it.

Main Menu

Ace/Aceca Bumpers

Started by pjbowman, July 12, 2009, 01:32:38

Previous topic - Next topic

pjbowman

Does anyone know the tube dimensions and lengths of the bumpers that were optionally fitted to Aces and Acecas? Does anyone reproduce these?
Peter B.

Gus Meyjes

I got mine from Gerry Hawk. Nice reproductions well made.

Gus

pjbowman

Great, thanks Gus!

Peter
Peter B.

Gus Meyjes

I just checked your website with the story on your Aceca going to Meadowbrook. Congratulations. I hope to be able to come down and see the show.
   Gus

pjbowman

Would love to meet you Gus! BTW, Gerry says Hawk doesn't have the Aceca bumpers, but Brian Eacot might.  Anyone have an emAil for Brian? his phone is on the site, but no email.
Peter B.

Robin A Woolmer

Brian does not have 'EMail' you can Fax him on his number.

AC Ace Bristol

quote:
Originally posted by Robin A Woolmer

Brian does not have 'EMail' you can Fax him on his number.

Peter

Suggest you try the following for Brian Eacott:

tel / Fax  0044 208 397 8472     or
   Mobile :-   0044  7885 945 193.

Alternatively  try  Austin Weltman,  I think he had a batch made in Stainless Steel  ( 304  or 316 ?  hopefully the latter) some years ago.

Austin@austin100  dot plus dot com
   tel  0044 7889 326 426

(use the word plus not the symbol)

Keith

pjbowman

Thanks Keith, will give both a try.

And no email for Brian?? Hard to believe in this day and age!

Peter
Peter B.

AC Ace Bristol

quote:
Originally posted by pjbowman

Thanks Keith, will give both a try.

And no email for Brian?? Hard to believe in this day and age!

Peter

Brian Eacott ...  Is Old School ...  Might still be in 20th Century regards IT,  but his Knowledge and Service is second to none.

Order parts in UK today,  They arrive next day along with invoice.

So we forgive him his lack in IT  and  don't drag him screeming into the  21st Century and ruin the reliable efficient Service we have all become accustomed to.

As Confuscious once  said  " If it aint broke  why fix it "

So to answer your question Peter ...  No  E mail !!

Keith

pjbowman

I'm traveling this week, will try and call/fax Brian next week when I am home. And I'll take great service over an email contact any day also!

Thanks Keith.

Peter
Peter B.

Gus Meyjes

Maybe I was wrong, but I was under the understanding the the Aceca had the small bumpers like the Ace's. That is what I got from Gerry Hawk.

Gus

bex316

I was reminded of what was written in ACtion recently (April) by Simon Bathurst Brown about bumpers, the main point being Ace and Aceca bumpers are not identical.

Ace front 128.00 cm and rear 140.00 cm
   Aceca front 140.00 cm and rear 145.50 cm

Simon further states in his letter "also, whereas the Aceca front and Ace rear are identical, the others have a different curvature at their ends".

This info originates from the AC factory (Doug Taylor) so we have to believe it.

This info might be useful when contemplating a set of bumpers.

I remember there was a set for sale on eBay maybe almost 10 years ago. I even planned on bidding but even at that time there was some serious bidding. I think they sold for something like $ 600 or $ 700.

Jerry

pjbowman

Gus - maybe you are referring to the overriders? I did get a set of those from Gerry,  but he doesn't have the actual bumpers themselves.

And Jerry, thanks for the info, that will help! I didn't remember that from the April ACtion, will have to review when I get home.

Peter
Peter B.

Gus Meyjes

That's it, I was referring to the overriders.

Gus