News:

SMF - installed December 2017.
Returning members - please use the 'Forgot Password' function when logging in to the new Forum for the first time. If you have changed your email address please let me know so I can update it.

Main Menu

Mystery MkV or CRS?

Started by nikbj68, May 29, 2020, 09:14:39

Previous topic - Next topic

nikbj68

Bryan Stone in Bloomington, Illinois, has just acquired a partially assembled car, and asked on Facebookif anyone could identify 'which kit' it is. It had been in storage for 10-20 years before he purchased it. He has yet to find a chassis plate,
but I believe it to be a CRS, Some think MkV.
My big question is, was this car stripped, or is this as far as it was assembled?
Any help appreciated!

paho

Hi,
the photo of the sticker, refers to a UK company that produced heating, ventilation and air-conditioning systems for motor vehicles.
It amalgamated with a company called Elite Automotive systems, see the history on the following url:
https://www.elitekl.co.uk/about-us/

Maybe they can identify the vehicle from the info. on the label
BR /Paho
"Blessed are those that don't ask for they shall not receive"

nikbj68

Thanks! I have an enquiry in with KL Elite, to see if they can date the heater box. Note, the phone number on the label is now a private residential number!

Bryan now believes it to be MkV chassis no.3, but I'm still curious about the rear lights being to earlier design.

SunDude

Quote from: nikbj68 on May 29, 2020, 12:12:48
Bryan now believes it to be MkV chassis no.3, but I'm still curious about the rear lights being to earlier design.

More likely it's car no. 4 as no. 3 is already a complete car. Both cars were for sale in the U.S. around the same time, a decade ago.

See RCN magazine article about #3: www.rcnmag.com/garage/the-keeper

Flyinghorse

I put a few comments and photos on the MkIV and CRS thread  saying why I think its a MKV
Graham