News:

SMF - installed December 2017.
Returning members - please use the 'Forgot Password' function when logging in to the new Forum for the first time. If you have changed your email address please let me know so I can update it.

Main Menu

195- AC Buckland water pump

Started by dsjw1, November 13, 2020, 06:02:08

Previous topic - Next topic

dsjw1

Anyone have any thoughts on who might carry a rebuild kit for a water pump? Are there any remanufactured water pumps available thanks for your help!

Robin A Woolmer

Brian Eacott should be able to supply repair kits for this water pump, I will be making complete new pumps soon, but clearly you need the repair now.

Robin

dsjw1

Spoke with Rod yesterday he doesn't have any of the newly modified pumps left. Hoping to get some remanufactured in the future. He will scro8nge up a few bits for me though. Also Brian has stopped carrying these parts as most new owners modify them. The parts he does have he will send. Still in need of a bearing though. Anyone have one? I have two possible part numbers LS5 V3 which was on there now or NJ77 which seems to be what many use. Any further thoughts?

GSouthee

Hi there is a bearing on eBay NJ,77 from classic. Spares. £25

Gary
A car is only original once, but, you can modify it as many times as you like.

My car my rules.

Robin A Woolmer

The Bearing is a deep groove ball race 1/2" Bore 1&5/16 O/D & 3/8" Wide
I believe it is  'RL S4 & Henderson Bearings have them for £5.20 each incVAT
They are available from many bearing suppliers from prices from about £2.5 up to £20!
There is a modification where two bearings are fitted instead of one, check the Forum for more details!

Robin

dsjw1

Robin thank you for the alternative part numbers. They appear to be a good replacement for the OEM bearings. I was able to find in the US easily and with significant cost savings. They also got here quickly. Not something normally we hear used on our cars! Now awaiting a few parts from Brian and hopefully we can put back together next week!

If you have a link to the double bearing fix I'd be interested in seeing it. I couldn't find on the forum.

Happy motoring!

David

GSouthee

Glad to see your getting the bits together.

G
A car is only original once, but, you can modify it as many times as you like.

My car my rules.