News:

SMF - installed December 2017.
Returning members - please use the 'Forgot Password' function when logging in to the new Forum for the first time. If you have changed your email address please let me know so I can update it.

Main Menu

Help with fasteners

Started by dkp_cobra, November 09, 2008, 13:39:05

Previous topic - Next topic

dkp_cobra

I need some help with some bolts for my windscreen. As far as I could detected the small bolts for the sun visors are 4BA threads and the bigger one for the wind deflectors are 2BAthreads. I am looking for those fasteners in stainless steel with oval slotted round head in length 1,25" (2BA) and 0,25" (4BA). Do you have an idea were I can order these kinds of bolts?

Regards, Peter

Robin A Woolmer

Try 'www.stainlessparts.co.uk' they have countersunk raise head stainless screws 1.25'' long etc.

Robin

1984MkIV

I have lots of different stainless steel screws. I´ll have a look at it and maybe you can take them with you next saturday.

Michael

dkp_cobra

quote:
Originally posted by Robin A Woolmer

Try 'www.stainlessparts.co.uk' they have countersunk raise head stainless screws 1.25'' long etc.

Robin

Great. That's what I was looking for.

1984MkIV

Try http://www.inox-schrauben.de/, they have a huge assortment of fasteners.

dkp_cobra

quote:
Originally posted by Robin A Woolmer

Robin

I can really recommend https://www.stainlessparts.co.uk/. Good quality and fair prices. Now, I was able to mount my wind deflectors:

nikbj68

Oh no!
   The first thing you`ve done that wasn`t perfect!!!

You have them the wrong way around! [B)]

(Or did you want to be able to read 'COBRA' from in the car? In which case, perfection continues!!!) [:I]

1984MkIV

I suggest you for the ACOC´s pedant of the year!

Michael

dkp_cobra

quote:
Originally posted by nikbj68

Oh no!
   The first thing you`ve done that wasn`t perfect!!!

You have them the wrong way around! [B)]

(Or did you want to be able to read 'COBRA' from in the car? In which case, perfection continues!!!) [:I]

Interesting that you point to that. I wasn't happy with that too but the wind deflectors have a left and a right side due to the drilling holes. Since the screws have a countersunk head I cannot swap the deflectors [:(]

dkp_cobra

Argh. After polishing the brackets I mounted them in a wrong way. Now, it should be correct [:)]

nikbj68

Hahahahahaaaa...hahahahaaa.
   Oh my god I love this thread!!!!!!!!!!!
   Michael...I thank you. My greatest moment... bar none. I`d like to thank my family,....everyone who voted for me, but most of all DKP_COBRA for making this possible.

I SO hope one day to see this Cobra.
   Quite possibly, the greatest MkIV, and certainly the most loved? Cared for? Cherished? I don`t quite know the right word.
   [8D]
   [8D]
   [8D]
   [8D]
   [8D]

TLegate

Cut Nik some slack '1984' - the winters are long and dark in Anglesey :-)

He might be a pedant, but if he's of humble origin as well as a jolly good chap, does that make him a pleasant peasant pedant??

Oh heck, it's getting to me now - off in search of a life!! Help!

nikbj68

Ahem.
   At least in my defence I can claim to have been under the affluence of incahol when I wrote that...I hope you`ve not been at the Sherry before lunch, Mr.L!
   I`m not a pleasant pedant, I`m a pedant`s peasant son, and I`m only being pedantic `til the pleasant pheasant`s done.

Hmmmm... Probably time to call it quits on this now!

TLegate

Shame - was just getting warmed up. Nice bit of road-kill there my son.....

Trevor (topics hijacked while-u-wait)