News:

SMF - installed December 2017.
Returning members - please use the 'Forgot Password' function when logging in to the new Forum for the first time. If you have changed your email address please let me know so I can update it.

Main Menu

Mark V on Ebay

Started by AK1131, August 19, 2008, 19:46:59

Previous topic - Next topic

nikbj68

WHAT? Why is a genuine AC product being sold in the 'REPLICA/KIT MAKES' category, as a '1964 Replica/Kit Makes  Mark V' ?
   Also odd that the description states that ther is more info at the  LUCRA CARS` website, but there isn`t.
   Surely there`d be more chance of selling as a complete roadgoing vehicle than like this?

SB7019

The grey car shown looks more like a CRS to me as the front and rear indicators do not have the (horrible) recessed style of the MkV.

AK1131

Not in anyone's defense but I think the term "Replica/Kit makes" is being used instead of "Rolling Chassic". Obviously by the price, the seller wants it gone.

nikbj68

IIRC this is the 3rd or 4th seller for the same Chassis number....

nikbj68

Oh well.... not even one bid. Again.
   It`s almost tempting to offer them $10k and bring it over here....

Must

leave

savings

account

alone!

Alan Faulkner-Stevens

Just before anybody rushes out to purchase one of these MkV cars may I first suggest you speak to Gerry Hawkridge, to learn a little of their history.

TLegate

I concur Alan - subtle use of the language :-)

dkp_cobra

quote:
Originally posted by Alan Faulkner-Stevens

Just before anybody rushes out to purchase one of these MkV cars may I first suggest you speak to Gerry Hawkridge, to learn a little of their history.

Before everybody calls Gerry maybe you can post some interesting rumours about that [:)]

TLegate

Errr - No. Sorry. And please don't call Gerry, he's far too busy just now!

nikbj68

quote:
Originally posted by dkp_cobraBefore everybody calls Gerry maybe you can post some interesting rumours about that [:)]

They`d be gone before anyone read them.

TLegate

Ouch - ah but the temptation...no, the pubs are open...I'm off. :-)

What do you think this is - Club Cobra???!

Mark IV

The real story is...  (CENSORED).................and that's the truth!!!!