News:

SMF - installed December 2017.
Returning members - please use the 'Forgot Password' function when logging in to the new Forum for the first time. If you have changed your email address please let me know so I can update it.

Main Menu

Why I don't get any e-mails?

Started by dkp_cobra, September 24, 2018, 18:19:30

Previous topic - Next topic

dkp_cobra

Maybe you know this? You try to contact someone here in the ACOC forum via the PM button, write him or her a nice e-mail and then ... nothing. You wait for days and weeks and no reply. You start thinking about what you made wrong, or was it a wrong word.
Well, I guess in most cases the e-mail didn't receive the drawee. The standard in this forum is, that personal e-mails are not forwarded to your private e-mail address. If you want to change this you have to switch to "Account Setting" under the "Profile" menu and you have to add your e-mail address AND you have to set the flag at "Allow users to email me".

paho

I'm pleased you have highlighted the message feature.
I've used the feature with the profile set-up as you have illustrated, but I've never received a reply.
I wonder if its because many don't realise the forum has this feature and they are not set-up to receive mail notifications?
/Paho
"Blessed are those that don't ask for they shall not receive"