News:

SMF - installed December 2017.
Returning members - please use the 'Forgot Password' function when logging in to the new Forum for the first time. If you have changed your email address please let me know so I can update it.

Main Menu

G-HURR

Started by administrator, September 18, 2007, 19:35:52

Previous topic - Next topic

administrator

The tragic and fatal crash at the Shoreham air show at the weekend was widely publicised - sadly it seems this was G-HURR, the Hawker Hurricane XII restored at AC when Brian Angliss was in charge.  Condolences to family and friends of the pilot, and sadness at the loss of a fine aircraft and a part of AC history.

nikbj68

Very Sad indeed.
   (The above image from Scott Wright Photography /   Scott Wright`s Shoreham Airshow set)

aaron

This is very sad news, what caused the accident, does anyone know ?

administrator

As the Hurricane was registered as a British civil aeroplane, the crash will be the subject of a full investigation by the Air Accidents Investigation Board.  It is best to not speculate until their report is released (which will probably take several months).

nikbj68

I`m not sure, but was this the same Hurricane that appeared in the Official 1995 AC Cars calendar(£26!!!)?

administrator

It was, painted as AE-K / BE417 of 402 Squadron.  There was a good article in the August 2007 issue of The Aeroplane (apart from spelling Angliss as Anglis throughout).