News:

SMF - installed December 2017.
Returning members - please use the 'Forgot Password' function when logging in to the new Forum for the first time. If you have changed your email address please let me know so I can update it.

Main Menu

Mark 4/Superblower steering racks

Started by Superarnie Mk2, October 10, 2007, 22:33:24

Previous topic - Next topic

Superarnie Mk2

Hi to all,

Easy question for starters!! Can anybody confirm the make/model of the steering rack on the Mark 4/CRS/Superblowers?

I think it is an MG rack, possibly an MGB but I could do with confirmation if you can help.

Secondly, and I'm guessing a little tougher than the first!! I was considering fitting a Spitfire steering colomn to my car, instead of the Ford Granada set up. Would anybody know if the Spitfire colomn would be compatible with the MGB rack (if that is what was fitted to the cars).

I would like my car to have a retro 60's roadster look, hence the above questions.

Many thanks
   Gary

nikbj68

quote:
Originally posted by Superarnie Mk2Hi...I was considering fitting a Spitfire steering colomn to my car...I would like my car to have a retro 60's roadster look...Many thanks
   Gary
I think your best bet would be to call Gerry Hawkridge @  Hawk Cars because I`m sure he can supply the 'period correct' VW cluster equipped steering column.[:)]