News:

SMF - installed December 2017.
Returning members - please use the 'Forgot Password' function when logging in to the new Forum for the first time. If you have changed your email address please let me know so I can update it.

Main Menu

Delaney Gallay heater box

Started by AK1161, December 26, 2017, 08:44:08

Previous topic - Next topic

AK1161

Good morning to everybody on the forum and I hope you all had a merry Christmas.
I have realised upon stripping down my AC Ace that I am missing a few parts most of which have been found, however there is no heater box and I wondered if they were a factory option or standard. If they were standard can anybody post some photos of what I need to look for , or even better if you can point me in the direction of one that may be for sale.
Thanks in advance for any information.

AK1161

Well that wasn't the most overwhelming response.
Surely someone must be able to post some photos of the heater box.
At least from that point I will know what I am looking for.
Happy New Year to one and all and a bottle of nice French red from my Cave in Paris
for the first person who can locate one or is just helpful.
Cheers Luke

Flyinghorse

I am not an Ace/Aceca person , but I think it might be a clayton heater for which they are remade and originals turn up on ebay from time to time.

I may be wrong and someone better informed may clarify , but this (Clayton) is what my Bristol 400 is fitted with from factory.

Holden do a range:
https://www.holden.co.uk/displayproduct.asp?sg=1&pgCode=083&sgName=Electrical&pgName=Heaters+%26+Electrical+Fans&agCode=0205&agName=Circular+Heaters&pCode=080.500

Regards,
Graham

BE774

That certainly looks similar to the one which came (unfitted) with my second Ace. I never did fit it.

I believe they were an extra-cost item when new.
Barbara

AK1161

I have been led to believe that the box was a square variety made by Delaney gallay.
Any thoughts ?

AK1161

I have been informed by a former employee that this is what i need so get into your garages and have a good scurry around.
Cheers, Luke

AC Ace Bristol

Luke

The Heater was a optional  extra as were demister vents.
Please check out photo on page 43 0f  Rinsey Mills Book,  " Original AC Ace & Cobra " shows a heater box under the dashboard sitting on the Tunnel.
Name plate  clearly shows   Delaney Gallay Ltd    "  DELANAIR "  London England.

Not sure if this helps

Keith

alexG

Keiths totally right, thats exactly what I have in AE 01, altho I doubt it was an original fitment!