News:

SMF - installed December 2017.
Returning members - please use the 'Forgot Password' function when logging in to the new Forum for the first time. If you have changed your email address please let me know so I can update it.

Main Menu

Mk1V Restoration

Started by Rob, August 01, 2017, 09:47:20

Previous topic - Next topic

Rob

Hi all
   I am new to this site and a very keen car enthusiast owning many classic cars

I have recently purchased a Mk1V lightweight that is badly damaged.(Rolled during racing)
   So much so I think the car will need a complete new body ?
   The chassis and running gear seem all okay.

Can someone point me in the right direction for getting a new body fabricated for this car. Or possibly repairing my body and just replacing un-repairable panels (Wish-full thinking maybe)[:)]

Kind regards

Rob

dkp_cobra

Hi Rob,

in UK I think you should ask Steve Grey from AC Heritage https://www.facebook.com/acheritage/

Peter

Rob

Many thanks Peter

I have been in contact with Steve. Very helpful indeed

Rob

silty

Rob was it this car: http://www.hbc.co.uk/vehicle-auction/cgi-bin/as/image_gallery.pl?Ref=6518500&index=339006&new=1

That one doesn't look like it was ever a Lightweight to me.

dkp_cobra

No, that was a standard MK IV. See the long nose and the shock absorber for the bumper.

Rob

No that's not my car

That one looks an easy fix compared with mine

Kind regards

Rob

dkp_cobra

quote:
Originally posted by Rob

No that's not my car

That one looks an easy fix compared with mine

Kind regards

Rob

Wow, now I am really curious. Can you post a picture?

Rob

Is there a VIN stamped into the car somewhere or is the number just on the tags
   I was looking yesterday and could not find a number actually stamped into the chassis

Regards
   Rob

SB7019

My car ( Superblower - so built some years after the Lightweights) has the VIN stamped on the x frame that lbs situated between the front suspension towers.  Also has a second chassis plate (same as that on the drivers foot box) riveted on the right hand main chassis tube, a visible VIN behind the windscreen ( it was beguile after this became mandatory ) and many of the trim and other components have the last 4 digits written on them in felt tip pen.

AC Ventura

Yes it should on the X frame (hard to make out) immediately in front of the engine.

Rob

Found it

Many thanks

Rob

Can I say thank you to the people who have pointed me in the right directions with this project so far
   This is one car I cant wait to get finished

Rob