News:

SMF - installed December 2017.
Returning members - please use the 'Forgot Password' function when logging in to the new Forum for the first time. If you have changed your email address please let me know so I can update it.

Main Menu

AC ACE Sidescreens

Started by Mark Shears, August 26, 2016, 13:31:12

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark Shears

Anyone know where I can get hold of a pair of sidescreens for a 1958 Ace? No problem if they are old and tatty as I could use them as templates to have new ones made. Unless anyone can recommend where I could have a new pair made? Cheers, Mark

AC Ace Bristol

Mark .

Borrow a set of side screens, so you can see the construction and then get a set made by your local or recommended trimmer.

Each Ace is slightly different so the trimmer will need your car in his workshop in  order to get correct dimension and fit with door tops. windscreen and soft top.is the Windscreen Flat or curved . plus there are two variations of side screen hinged tilt or slide[?]

Where are you [?].

Some of us should be able to recommend a suitable trimmer..[;)]

Keith

nikbj68

Gerry Hawkridge would probably be my first port of call.
   Good luck.

Mark Shears

Thank you guys - very helpful. I am on Warwickshire/Oxfordshire border so not far from anywhere! Cheers, Mark.

Will Mahany

Did you have any luck Mark?  I am also looking for a pair or parts to restore or copy for my car.  They don't look complicated but not always easy to see the metal sections required when they are trimmed.  There was a new pair on e-bay some months ago complete with storage bag that someone had made! Let me know if you had any luck finding something and vice versa.