News:

SMF - installed December 2017.
Returning members - please use the 'Forgot Password' function when logging in to the new Forum for the first time. If you have changed your email address please let me know so I can update it.

Main Menu

Rug top loader rear splined flange

Started by Vince Caldicott, August 24, 2016, 21:15:51

Previous topic - Next topic

Vince Caldicott

Hi, I am currently in the process of changing my engine and gearbox. The splined flange that connects the gearbox to the prop shaft won't accept the existing flange I have. Any help on where I can locate a 31 splined flange would be very appreciated.
   Regards
   Vince

Exowner

Hi Vince, can't answer your question, but it might help if you said what car you are referring to????????

Vince Caldicott

Sorry, I have recently purchased COX5012, it had a 428fe coupled to a rug 4 speed top loader. The engine had some issues, the gearbox would jump out of 3rd gear when lifting off the throttle. I bit the bullet and purchased a 427fe side oiler and it came with another Ford Rug 4 speed top loader. What I didn't realise was that the original slip yoke had 28 splines where the replacement gearbox output shaft has got 31 splines. I have looked around on the Internet and found plenty of options from the USA. However, I am hoping to drive to the revival meeting and would prefer to find a quicker option from the UK.

SB7019

Have you tried Reco-Prop?  They are based in Luton and do very high quality work.  Not sure if they can provide/make yokes but it's worth a call.

Vince Caldicott