News:

SMF - installed December 2017.
Returning members - please use the 'Forgot Password' function when logging in to the new Forum for the first time. If you have changed your email address please let me know so I can update it.

Main Menu

West Midlands Section of the late 50's

Started by DHAceca, April 08, 2016, 16:52:45

Previous topic - Next topic

DHAceca

While reading an AC Bulletin of Autumn 1956 it makes reference to the West Midlands Section and a spring meet of Sunday May 6th as well as Lowsonford, September 23rd. It talks about the "usual hard core enthusiasts turned up, Dr Humpreys, Wiggin, Sanders, Ridout and Brookes" at the September meet "the usual Midland contingent of Dr Humphreys, Wiggin, Ridout, Brookes and Moorehouse"

It would seam the Midlands had a strong and thriving group of AC owners turning out regularly to spend a "very pleasant afternoon in Warwikshire" all that said later Bulletins, that I only have a few, make no reference again to this group.

Does anyone know or remember this group and know of any other events they took part in or even have photographs of them in 1956 or later? My particular interest is in "Dr Humphreys - with his newly acquired Aceca"

Many thanks in advance for any information