News:

SMF - installed December 2017.
Returning members - please use the 'Forgot Password' function when logging in to the new Forum for the first time. If you have changed your email address please let me know so I can update it.

Main Menu

AE34

Started by GTAmerica, June 07, 2016, 03:40:15

Previous topic - Next topic

GTAmerica

I am past owner of a number of AC Ace Bristols & Aceca including BEX 260 and 312. I am looking for history on a 1954 AC Ace #AE 34 which was bought new & raced by Roy Standbridge in 1955-56. Standbridge I believe advertised in Autosport & sold it in 1959. I first bought this car in 2003 and & at the time it was represented to me as raced also in 1959 by Bob Staples. In books there are no indications of this though Staples did run AC cars where the identity is not recorded. Would any forum members have any records of this cars history & or Bob Staples ownership?
   Thank you
   Terry Healy

AC Ace Bristol

Terry.

Fire me across your email address, I have a few pictures of AE34 in 1976. early 80's and one in 94.

Might be new to you and  help piece together the History of your Ace.

Keith dot lessiter at faac dot co dot uk.

Good luck with your quest.

Cheers for now

Keith

SBB

Hello Terry

I owned AE34 for three years from 1967 until 1970 so I have some of its history. If you would like to email me on bathurstbrown@btinternet.com I can give you some information.

AC Ace Bristol

Terry

Have emailed you three pictures of AE34, one ref M.Richards dated 1976, 2nd M.Richards , Sandown Historic Circa 1976 and third dated 1994.

Alex Grenfell the official ACOC AC Ace Registrar should be able to assist in authentication of early history.
   Along with Simon Bathurst-Browm ( prevous owner /Custodian).

According to The Ace /Aceca register 2nd edition compiled by
   Randall Baselt  ( Box 8209, Foster City, CA 94404 )in December 1991. the last owner at the time was L.Dixon.

Also makes reference to AE34 in ACtion magazines 8-1989 & 5-78.

Hopefully some of the above helps piece together a bigger picture of the history of  your Ace AE34.

Keith

GTAmerica

Thank you Keith I do have those photos & knew Murray Richards. I have sent Simon Bathurst Brown an email. The reference to a US owner is incorrect & the car has since 1970 been with Australian owners all of whom I am aware. The history I particularly want for AE 34 is that between its sale by Roy Standbridge in 1959 till that of Simon Bathurst Brown in 1967.
   Thanks again
   Terry Healy

AC Ace Bristol

Terry.

The only reference to USA in my Post and email happens to relate to Randal Baselt, who compiled the register that confirmed AE34's last known owner (Dec 1991) was L Dixon in Australia.
   Glad you have made contact with Simon, being a earlier Custodian prior to export to Australia, he should be able to authenticate earlier History.
   Please keep ACOC members updated with early history..[;)]

Last but not least by being a member of ACOC gives access to "members section" of the Forum, which not only gives access to AC registers but also various technical articles, which could of interest in day to day maintenance / restoration.

Keith
   Keith