News:

SMF - installed December 2017.
Returning members - please use the 'Forgot Password' function when logging in to the new Forum for the first time. If you have changed your email address please let me know so I can update it.

Main Menu

heavily modified Greyhound for sale

Started by French Frie, November 06, 2014, 13:28:46

Previous topic - Next topic

dkp_cobra

where is the "buy it now" button? [;)]

nikbj68

Fantastic photos, but yet another poor, lazy description lifted from Wiki, just how many parts are shared with an Ace, Aceca or Cobra? Headlights, front indicators, and maybe a dial or 2(And of course, engine & g/box), that`s about it!!!!
   AND there were at least 14 LHD Greyhounds....[edit] 15 LHD according to the register!
   Is this the first Greyhound ever with a CD player?
   That aside, it should be an interesting drive with the anti-roll bar and adjustable coilovers, and the V8 would have been such a great engine option back in the day.

And I love that colour...[:D]

nikbj68

Your buy it now button is located on the MOTEXOTICA WEBSITE where the Greyhound has an asking price of $89,000(approx £56,000), so factoring in import costs, maybe not the car to bring back to the UK?

Great little video HERE, especially the last 15 seconds!!!

I wonder what the bumpers came from?

nikbj68

There`s another highly informative video walkaround HERE, "...It`s kinda like a hatchback, almost..." [:I][:D]

rsk289

You know what?  I really quite fancy that...

Roger

nikbj68

Yeah... me too, but it`s just waaay too much money, for the amount of things that I would want to put right.

BBK

It is a great looking car and the Rover V8 conversion probably not only sounds great but gives it some great get up and go.  BUT, it isn't the car for a purist and the value is harmed by the conversion IMO.  Any thoughts on a fair price for the car considering its non stock specification?  I like the fact that it is LHD as I live in the States and really like Greyhounds, but the fact that it is not true to its origins is a negative in my book.

dkp_cobra

I think the bonnet would benefit from some more air vents [8D]

nikbj68

I`d say at the current $32k bid, it`s around halfway to a realistic value, but I`ll bet the reserve is significantly more than that.
   I still haven`t found out how much THIS ONE sold for at the US Grand Prix, that would help gauge this car.

nikbj68

Well, it only reached $36,000, I thought it might get to 50, but nowhere near their asking price. Can't see it finding a home anytime soon around that figure.

ivs

The one in Austin sold for $115 hammer price. Car was not present. The auctioneer said transport to anywhere was included. Weird that someone will bid that high without the car present....

nikbj68

Thanks for that, Ignacio! OMG! Crazy money.

nikbj68

quote:
Originally posted by nikbj68: Well, it only reached $36,000, I thought it might get to 50, but nowhere near their asking price. Can't see it finding a home anytime soon around that figure.

Only reached $33,000(£21,000) on the second time of offering on eBay...
quote:
Originally posted by ivs: The one in Austin sold for $115 hammer price... Weird that someone will bid that high without the car present...
Makes the Austin sale price seem even more crazy, doesn`t it?