News:

SMF - installed December 2017.
Returning members - please use the 'Forgot Password' function when logging in to the new Forum for the first time. If you have changed your email address please let me know so I can update it.

Main Menu

Goodwood

Started by DGoose, July 04, 2014, 10:23:32

Previous topic - Next topic

DGoose

If you find yourself near Goodwood on the 6th of August and if, like me, you'd quite fancy a passenger trip with a quick driver in a quick car, call in and have a look.

During the day there will be two sessions when anyone can make a donation to the charities and enjoy passenger rides in a variety of Historic Revival race cars. (Passengers in all cars must be a minimum of 14 years old and 4ft 10ins high).

A number of "gentlemen drivers" have generously agreed to support the day as pilots in these special sessions, including Tiff Needell and Andy Wallace - both Le Mans class winners - along with Revival stars Michael (Spike) Milligan and renowned driver/constructor Gordon Spice. The machinery will range from historic HWM and the ex-Mike Hawthorn D type Jaguar to the gorgeous GT 40 and iconic Aston Martin DB5.

This is one of Christopher Darwins charity track days and I will be trundling around in my Ace Brooklands - unfortunately no more track spaces available.
   Spectator entry is free but a donation to charity would be required if you fancy a spin in a GT40, D-type, DB5 etc.