News:

SMF - installed December 2017.
Returning members - please use the 'Forgot Password' function when logging in to the new Forum for the first time. If you have changed your email address please let me know so I can update it.

Main Menu

BEX 274

Started by awilliams, May 08, 2014, 18:59:33

Previous topic - Next topic

awilliams

I recently had contact with the previous owner of BEX 274 so I thought I would pass on some information to update the register and for the benefit of the current owner.  The car was owned by Robert Greenough from 1962-1968 (bought for $1900, sold for $2000).  He bought it from someone in Simsbury CT and sold it to Canada, Toronto area he thinks.  Robert said he would try to send some pictures which I will try to post if they come through.

AC Ace Bristol

Andrew.

Nice getting new information on your Ace Bristol and making contact with previous owners, hopefully new information and period pictures materialise.

In the meantime we know E G Wilcox owned BEX274 from 1975.
   According to 1992 USA AC register. E G Wilcox address was:-
   715 Cayuga Street, Lewiston, New York. 14092....( According to ACtion magazine Elmer Wilcox Joined ACOC October 1986 and was nearing total restoration of BEX274...[;)]

I will speak to Tim Isles the new Ace Bristol registrar to see if he has additional data on BEX274.  In the meantime  could you please  email a current picture or two of BEX274... much appreciated...[;)]
   Thanking you in anticipation.

Keith dot lessiter at faac dot co dot uk

Keith ..[:)]

awilliams

Hi Keith.  BEX274 is not my car.  Mine is BEX277 which, I do not believe appeared in the register until I bought it.  Anyway, when I heard about BEX274 I thought it would be good to get any details as I saw that E.G. Wilcox was the only name in the register associated with the car.  I'll let you know if I get any pictures.