News:

SMF - installed December 2017.
Returning members - please use the 'Forgot Password' function when logging in to the new Forum for the first time. If you have changed your email address please let me know so I can update it.

Main Menu

Side reflectors and Powered by Ford badging.

Started by ANF289, April 28, 2014, 16:07:10

Previous topic - Next topic

ANF289

Most Mk IV's have their side reflectors located below the side vent louvers, but a few have them located above.  Was this due to differences in local regulations or just a quirk at the factory?   Also, many post-1987 models have a Powered by Ford label directly above the louver.  Anyone know if these were applied to the Ford-partnered cars at the factory, added by US dealers, or are simply the result of owner enthusiasm for Henry's products?

Mark IV

The units mounted above the vents are "repeaters" for the UK/Euro market. Us cars got the side marker lamp mounted below the vent. BTW, the amber and red lamps are from the 1969 Corvette and I used to supply them to Autokraft.

The "Power by Ford" emblems could be installed as a factory option but most are owner installed. We use 3M moulding tape after removing the mounting studs so no holes are required.

jbottini

I knew from where the answer would come "the Oracle of buffalo"

ANF289

quote:
Originally posted by jbottini

Agreed... thanks Mark IV!

Mark IV

quote:
Originally posted by jbottini

I think you mean the "A-hole" of Buffalo!