News:

SMF - installed December 2017.
Returning members - please use the 'Forgot Password' function when logging in to the new Forum for the first time. If you have changed your email address please let me know so I can update it.

Main Menu

Aceca AEX 673 eBay

Started by pjbowman, February 10, 2014, 00:59:42

Previous topic - Next topic

pjbowman

AEX673, a major project, has surfaced on eBay (https://tinyurl.com/kegon29). As a former owner of Aceca AEX672, interesting to see this one come on the market. Anyone have history on the car?
Peter B.

dkp_cobra

Ah, that's nothing. Two weeks of intensive work and that's it [;)]

hawk289

Not the best I have seen, not the worst. Just will need a lot of cash, I have restored two Aceca's and you would not believe the cost. Makes restoring an Ace simple. But would be nice to see on the road!

Flyinghorse

Is that location  AC Heritage? I recall this being sold on the UK Ebay site a few months back. AC Heritage is mentioned in the add (Bought suspension from them) ,but the seller appears to be in Germany.

FH

nikbj68

Yeah, it`s the top of Brooklands Test Hill, the same photos used in the previous ad. Looks like the seller has decided it`s a bigger job than he had anticipated, I really hope it gets done by someone though.

pjbowman

This will have to be a labor of love, no financial upside in the near future for sure. Curious as to what the reserve is, I know people pay crazy money for 'projects', but this one will cost a ton to restore unless the buyer can do a majority of the work themselves. And the needed 'frame repairs' scare me - without even knowing what the details of the needed repairs are. And what are the 'few missing parts'? I also hope it goes to a good home. Glad it's not here in the US, otherwise I might be foolish.....
Peter B.

pjbowman

Wow, over $30K and it still hasn't met reserve? If these bids are real, this makes no sense to me. But maybe I'm out of touch!
Peter B.

hawk289

OK, so who wins will need to invest over £90K which means you are looking at around £103K so far if you want right in my view. Very Interesting, but if someone wants to spend £10K a year over 10 years could be a great way to get into a great car. Once you own no need to rush, lets see.

pjbowman

$40K USD for this? Hope it was bought by someone who owns a restoration shop or is extremely skillful with all aspects of this. Hope to see it back on the road....someday....
Peter B.

hawk289

Interesting, it would be good to see back on the road.