News:

SMF - installed December 2017.
Returning members - please use the 'Forgot Password' function when logging in to the new Forum for the first time. If you have changed your email address please let me know so I can update it.

Main Menu

AEX 1174

Started by alexG, September 12, 2014, 00:06:41

Previous topic - Next topic

alexG

shep

Super looking Ace, but at £179k, what does that make a car with the correct engine worth?

Robin A Woolmer

The AC Weller Engine is achieving more than 140 BHP with a very good torque capability, we expect this will be bettered soon as well, what a pity AC did not develop the engine at the time, they could have made more margin & maintained a more authentic AC!

nikbj68

...But then they may not have needed the Bristol engine, of which supplies drying up wouldn`t have been an issue, then Cobra may never have happened.... debate![;)]

dkp_cobra

quote:
Originally posted by nikbj68

...But then they may not have needed the Bristol engine, of which supplies drying up wouldn`t have been an issue, then Cobra may never have happened.... debate![;)]

Maybe the result would have been more Ace, Aceca and Greyhounds. And they wouldn't be so expensive these days ...

shep

If we all knew then what we know now, we would have won all the races, salted away all the best cars, bought the right property and art, and lived happily ever after. Unfortunately, the poor buggers could only make decisions based on what they knew at the time. On that note, good luck to Barrie and his chums north of the border. I bet they would like to be able to look back from 2024 before voting today!

B.P.Bird

Andy, No politics on the Forum, but after being up all last night we were greatly relieved by this morning....

nikbj68

...And that there tells me everything I needed to know!

TLegate

Does that mean we can still export Aces to Scotland??