News:

SMF - installed December 2017.
Returning members - please use the 'Forgot Password' function when logging in to the new Forum for the first time. If you have changed your email address please let me know so I can update it.

Main Menu

Brake Disc ?

Started by dkp_cobra, February 05, 2007, 11:36:45

Previous topic - Next topic

dkp_cobra

Does anybody know what kind of brake discs were used in early MK IVs for the front brake? The measurements are 293x22x36 mm.

Regards, Peter

cobham cobra

Hi Peter,
   I think they may have been BMW 5 series, but I suggest you contact Bob Green at http://www.bgdevelopments.co.uk/ as I think Bob supplied the brakes for the MkIV. I would also recommend you call Alan at Thunder Road +44 (0)1483 7633991. Fyi, last year Thunder Road and BG made a split braking system for my MkIV so that the front to rear balance can be adjusted.
   Cheers - John.

dkp_cobra

Hi John,

thank you for this information. Unfortunately BG Developments wasn't involved in the development of my brake.

Has anybody an ATE front and a Girling back caliper in his MK IV? Any information would be appreciated.

Regards, Peter

jbottini

fronts are ate's, off a bmw, rears are off puegot 505 wagon with integal parking brakes

dkp_cobra

My front brake is a BMW 728i from ATE, my back brake is a Girling from a Aston Martin DB5. I get repair kits, pads and pots for reasonable price but I do not get the discs.