News:

SMF - installed December 2017.
Returning members - please use the 'Forgot Password' function when logging in to the new Forum for the first time. If you have changed your email address please let me know so I can update it.

Main Menu

AC Aceca BE 605

Started by Stephan, February 07, 2007, 11:05:34

Previous topic - Next topic

Stephan

I bought BE 605 last autumn, it is in rather good state but has a Ford V8 302 fitted. Of course it goes like hell but the gearing is much too short with the 3.91 rear axle. We will fit an axle from Jaguar with the 2.88 set up. Everything was an will be carried out so that the car can be converted bach to original form without problems. The car das drums all round but two of them are cracked so I am looking for new drums or a conversion to discs at the front. Can anybody help with information what to get and where?

dkp_cobra

Hi Stephan,

did you buy the car from Fritz Philipps (http://www.4race.info/index2.php)? If not maybe he can help you. He had a similar car.

Regards, Peter

cobham cobra

Hi Stephan,
   The following is from a linked topic on this site from last year, I sure Keith (aka AC Ace Bristol)will not mind me repeating his words here. If your car does not already have one, now would be a good time to include dual circuit brake master cylinder in the refurb.
   John

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In UK, Brian Eacott tel / fax 00 44 208 397 8472.... used to run spares/ stores at AC Factory, now supplies AC spares to ACOC members.

John Arnold races a AC Ace and has dual circuit brake master cylinder, Since Sally Shepherds brake pipe failure at the end of the Mulsanne Straight during LeMans Classic last year, many of us are looking at dual system for safety.. Fits directly into old position,some additional pipe work and possibility of fitting brake bias into rear system .. suggest you contact John Arnold 0044 1675 4030216 .....(0044 1675 4030218 Fax)

Hopefully one of the above can help you.

Keith L Lessiter

Gus Meyjes

I am converting my Aceca from front drums to discs. Parts are made and sold by Nigel Winchester. He advertises frequently in the ACtion magazine. I have not fitted the parts yet, Hoping to get them in the next 2 weeks.  At the same time I am too installing a tandem brake system. Many options available. Simplest is using a Lockheed unit that bolts into place without modifications to your pedal box, of course you would have to modify your plumbing. This unit was used on many british cars and should be easily obtainable. Can't tell you about the gearing, other than that the 3:91 is good with the AC engine. I am running 3:55 in my 289 FIA, but needless to say the gear ratios in the Tremec TKO are not the same as the Moss box. I may go to a lower end gear, depending on how the Aceca drives on the highway.

Have fun

Emmanueld

quote:
Originally posted by Stephan

I bought BE 605 last autumn, it is in rather good state but has a Ford V8 302 fitted. Of course it goes like hell but the gearing is much too short with the 3.91 rear axle. We will fit an axle from Jaguar with the 2.88 set up. Everything was an will be carried out so that the car can be converted bach to original form without problems. The car das drums all round but two of them are cracked so I am looking for new drums or a conversion to discs at the front. Can anybody help with information what to get and where?

I think 2.88 might be a bit long! Low 3s would be better 3.3 like Euro E-type would be best I think! E