News:

SMF - installed December 2017.
Returning members - please use the 'Forgot Password' function when logging in to the new Forum for the first time. If you have changed your email address please let me know so I can update it.

Main Menu

Not quite your first car

Started by cobham cobra, August 08, 2012, 16:15:40

Previous topic - Next topic

cobham cobra

When I was a kid I felt lucky to have a wooden box with a few old pram wheels – how life has changed for kids.
   http://www.petrolheadnirvana.com/torque/showthread.php?t=2673

TLegate

A wooden box - such luxury!! Now when I were a lad....

On a similar topic, watch out for the kiddies pedal car race at the Revival! Needless to say, some serious money begin spent on that - insane and a bit sad really. Lightweight kevlar composites anyone??

nikbj68

Austin J40 shortage reported in home counties, spreading north at a rate of knots! I hope the scrutineers have magnets! Will the kevlar kiddicar bear the colours of a certain 'ruddy bovine' energy drink? [;)]

BBK

quote:
Originally posted by TLegate

A wooden box - such luxury!! Now when I were a lad....

On a similar topic, watch out for the kiddies pedal car race at the Revival! Needless to say, some serious money begin spent on that - insane and a bit sad really. Lightweight kevlar composites anyone??

For me, all I had were my Matchbox and Corgi toys.......

Gus Meyjes

How about those kids in the LeMans minis?

TLegate

Ruddy bovine indeed. You can't keep a good aerodynamisistisisss down! All that foul liquid no doubt. And an open cheque book helps (but he's not the only one, is he?) I wonder if my 1952 Austin pedal car will be there, no as a doubt a replica of course ;) There was me thinking it had gone to landfill....

nikbj68

Of course, the ACOC had it`s first J40 team back in 1981, Barry & Craig Lessiter:

Seen here in 1984, preparing for Concours:

And equipped with correct safety goggles for driving into dusk!

When things go too quiet outside, you know the boys are up to no good!!!

A replacement J40 is now required for the next generation of Racing Lessiters, any leads, please contact Keith, AC Ace Bristol

cobham cobra

Here you go Keith:
   http://www.austinj40pedalcarclub.org.uk/index.html

I note the J40 website has a link for replacement seat covers [;)]
   Just a thought ..........

cobham cobra

Regarding the next generation of Racing Lessiters, this could be an interesting starting point and it even has a Shelby connection.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2186106/Lifesize-25-000-Airfix-model-1959-Aston-Martin.html

AC Ace Bristol

quote:
Originally posted by cobham cobra

Here you go Keith:
   http://www.austinj40pedalcarclub.org.uk/index.html

I note the J40 website has a link for replacement seat covers [;)]
   Just a thought ..........

John  & The Rev Limiter

Thank you for a different thread,  Should never have Sold Barry & Craigs J40,  but thats life,  Now looking for Resto project for Grandaughter   "Aisling". [;)]

As J40s weigh 95 lbs and Aisling is only 21 months, have time to source project.........  Is there one in the back of a ACOC members garage/workshop..[?].

Seat Covers..[V]..[:(]..[:0]...Wrong material and not heated.[B)]

Last but not least ..

Good Luck to Kevin Kivlochan's Youngest daughter ( Racing Number 7) in the 2  J40 Races at this years GoodWood Revival
.[;)]

Keith..[:)]

nikbj68

quote:
Originally posted by AC Ace Bristol: Good Luck to Kevin Kivlochan's Youngest daughter (Racing Number 7) in the 2  J40 Races at this years GoodWood Revival..[:)]
If Maisie is as competitive with pedals as she is on horseback, look out lads! [}:)]

AC Ace Bristol

quote:
Originally posted by nikbj68

Of course, the ACOC had it`s first J40 team back in 1981, Barry & Craig Lessiter.

Rumour has it... Des Chapman had a J40 in the mid to late 1950s..  ..Photo required.... Please.[;)]

J40 Pedal Car Restoration Project required for the next generation of Racing Lessiters, any leads, please contact Keith, AC Ace Bristol