News:

SMF - installed December 2017.
Returning members - please use the 'Forgot Password' function when logging in to the new Forum for the first time. If you have changed your email address please let me know so I can update it.

Main Menu

AK 1011 on Ebay

Started by westcott, May 25, 2012, 19:11:41

Previous topic - Next topic

Gus Meyjes

Considering the going rate, this seems a bit of an anomaly.

Gus

BBK

I agree Gus.  I have attended a few auctions, including the Barrett Jackson event in Scottsdale earlier this year.  Auction fever can hit people pretty hard....a nice car, two or more people interested, testosterone, and add drinks into the picture and a car can achieve a price in excess of what one would expect.  I have seen some cars that have been absolute steals where someone gets a great car for a cheap price, and I have seen the opposite where a car sells for much more than one would think it would.  The Dingman car, based on the description and photos, looked to be in amazing condition with much spent on it, so that could have driven the price pretty high, especially if you add in the above mentioned other factors that can play into it all.  Not sure if the $170,000 price mentioned includes the buyer's premium (usually 10% of the purchase price).  If it does, the actual "hammer price" would have been around $154,000 +.

westcott

Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler!

BBK

quote:
Originally posted by westcott

Back in town.....

http://www.collectorcarsforsale.com/230793918491-other-makes-autokraft-ac-cobra-autokraft-ac-cobra/detailse.html

This looks to be identical to the EBay post that I responded to a few months ago when I won this car (and the seller backed out).  This may not be current.  I went on the EBay motors site just now and could not find that this car is listed as up for auction.