News:

SMF - installed December 2017.
Returning members - please use the 'Forgot Password' function when logging in to the new Forum for the first time. If you have changed your email address please let me know so I can update it.

Main Menu

Wiper Parts

Started by BEX308, November 10, 2011, 02:51:37

Previous topic - Next topic

BEX308

Does anyone know the correct part number for the wiper motor for an Ace? Did it vary by year? The spares list for Lucas parts lists a 75311 as being correct but the list is dated 1963. My car left the factory in June of '57 and I'm thinking a 75233 may be correct. If so, any help in locating one would be appreciated; what is fitted now is from the late 60's or early 70's. I suspect correct ones are now just slightly more valuable than gold.
   In the same vein does anyone know a source for the chrome bezels for the wiper wheelboxes or what else they may have been fitted to?
   Pete

My mimeograph spares list for Ace and Aceca that I received from Thames Ditton in 1972 and dated 1 Feb. 1960, lists the Lucas windscreen wiper motor single speed as no. 073095 and windscreen wiper motor 2 speed as no. 75144A.

I hope this is of use.

Jonathan Parker

AEX 1194

tim isles

Try this chap for all spares and repairs. Tim

Steve Hunt classic car parts

I recondition lucas wiper motor and classic car instruments

steve@stevehunt.demon.co.uk

AC Ace Bristol

Peter.

Like Tim,  I bought a few parts from Steve Hunt some three years ago and stripped my Lucas Wiper Motor and made one up from three.

I will photocopy or scan a few pages of notes and Lucas part numbers that may be of help. Ideally you should have a twin speed DR3 with 120 degree sweep.

Certain internals from DR1 and DR2/3 and DR3 are compatable,  will try to find time to copy and email to you over weekend..[;)]
   Barry Howsley sometimes has a recon DR3 Wiper Motor unit available, give him a bell.

Keith..[:)]..[:)]

BEX308

Keith,
   It seems to me that the spares lists spec part numbers that would have worked in the application at the time the lists were published but don't list the original number. I believe the DR3's were not made until after my Ace was built. Any insight on this?
   I have found a DR1 on this side of the pond that needs a rebuild for a very reasonable figure that might work.
   Many thanks guys,
   Pete

Jim A

In late 1965 (with my Ace shivering under a coat of snow over its MG Mitten at Fort Devens, MA), I was driving a VW Beetle to Washington, D.C.
   In a pouring rain under a freeway underpass in New Jersey sat another Ace, top up, lights on and exhaust puffing.
   I made a U and pulled in behind it.  The driver got out and said "Doggone wipers quit."
   I asked him to open the hood, reached in and re-attached the wiper cable housing to the wiper motor and instantly became the magic mechanic.
   They were from fairly locally in NJ and I stopped for a nice visit on my way back.  Nice guys with a brother who had been badly burned racing a Sprite.
   I lost contact with them (Vietnam and all that), but maybe someone who knows them comes here.