News:

SMF - installed December 2017.
Returning members - please use the 'Forgot Password' function when logging in to the new Forum for the first time. If you have changed your email address please let me know so I can update it.

Main Menu

ANOTHER TREASURE FOUND!!

Started by gblue, January 01, 2007, 02:55:18

Previous topic - Next topic

gblue

Aloha......deep in the dark corner of the trunk I found what I believe to be a factory sample of the black leather in my car....wonders never cease...Gregg Blue....Happy New year to all......just got back from a 50 mile beach cruise.

SB7019

I have a similar piece of leather with mine.  It does not in fact match the interior leather - slightly darker and a different grain.  When I collected the car from the factroy it was used as a wrap around the hood rail pieces where they split in the middle.  This is to avoid the relatively sharp ends of the rail from damaging the hood material.

gblue

thanks for the info....I'll have a closer look at the grain and color....what a blast I have driving thae Mark IV!!!!!

jbottini

quote:
Originally posted by gblue

thanks for the info....I'll have a closer look at the grain and color....what a blast I have driving thae Mark IV!!!!!

Greg, Thought you left for NZ?  You should have a blast..you live in HI for Gods sake. Jim

gblue

Aloha Jim..just about outahere....even people from Hawaii go on vacation sometimes.......I'll get back to you in late Feb.....Gregg