News:

SMF - installed December 2017.
Returning members - please use the 'Forgot Password' function when logging in to the new Forum for the first time. If you have changed your email address please let me know so I can update it.

Main Menu

Missing Ace Bristol

Started by GaryC, August 02, 2011, 08:56:43

Previous topic - Next topic

GaryC

Although it is not listed in the registry, are any of the factory records available for BEX 1213??Thanks for any help.  Gary

AC Ace Bristol

Gary.

Ace Bristol BEX1213 is known to and registered with ACOC.

The Chassis number and engine number are correct and fall in line with the AC Build Book.. ( The Works Bible). Unfortunately BEX1213 is not written/recorded in the Build Book, almost certyasin it was inadvertantely ommitted as main production by this time was with Cobras,.
   The tail end of Ace production was somewhat spasmodic/ disjointed and not always accurately recorded.
   However BEX1205 through to BEX1218 are all registered bar BEX213, On checking through the Bristol Engine register the engine fitted was allocated to AC Cars and its number falls in sequence.  No other manufacturer e.g. Arnolt Bristol etc have this engine recorede or fitted in another Road or Race car.

We Were under thge impression "David" was negoiating buying BEX1213 earlier this year,(April/May)....
   Are you thinking of buying or sellng .[?].[?].

Whichever,  Could you please furnish Tony Bancroft and myself with current photos of this Green Foam coloured Ace Bristol, In order that we can update and maintain accurate record in the official Ace Bristol Register.  Many thanks...[;)]

Await your reply and pictures in anticipation.

Cheers for Now.

Keith..[:)]..[:)]

GaryC

Thank you for the info....I saw this Ace in the long time owners warehouse about three years ago and as far as I know it has not changed hands.  The idea of a "lost" Ace is very appealing but in this case, this one is apparently no longer a mystery.  I do have a few pictures but I should get permission to foward beforehand.  Gary

AC Ace Bristol

Gary.

A few pictures of BEX1213 and engine bay would be appreciated, not for circulation , but to be shared with the ACOC Ace Bristol Register and my own pictorial reference library.

Appreciate your consideration in seeking permission..[;)]

Cheers for Now

Keith..[:)]