News:

SMF - installed December 2017.
Returning members - please use the 'Forgot Password' function when logging in to the new Forum for the first time. If you have changed your email address please let me know so I can update it.

Main Menu

Cobra racing on Motors TV

Started by shep, June 27, 2011, 13:53:14

Previous topic - Next topic

shep

If you have the chance to watch Motors TV tonight on Sky, yesterday's race from Donington is on somewhere between 22.05 and 23.50 according to the TV Guide. I was driving Jonathan Bradburn's lovely Red 289, and had a great fight with a pair of extremely quick E Types! We came second and enjoyed every sideways moment.

aaron

Thanks for that Andy, I will look out for this tonight .

aaron

Watched the racing on telly last night,that was a very close race,they should show more historic racing on TV.

cobham cobra

Great race Andy. Keeping second place by 39/1000 of a second as you crossed the finish line was a really close result – well done.
   Cheers – John.

nikbj68

..And I think we will have to re-name you "Sideways Shep". Was it as entertaining in-car as it was to watch? Great stuff!

shep

Thanks Nik, Excitement in the car was even higher than on your sofa, with adrenalin pumping hard. There were a couple of slides which were designed to deter the following E Type, which had beaten me the day before. All is fair in love and war!

nikbj68

Aha.. The old Mossy trick! He used to throw it into all sorts of slides qualifying in the wet so that competitors thought "If Stirling`s struggling, we`ll have to be very careful!". He`d beaten them before even turning a wheel!
   Top racecraft, Sir!