News:

SMF - installed December 2017.
Returning members - please use the 'Forgot Password' function when logging in to the new Forum for the first time. If you have changed your email address please let me know so I can update it.

Main Menu

AK1222 for Sale

Started by ANF289, March 07, 2011, 17:54:45

Previous topic - Next topic

AK1131

I wish they would clean these MKIV's up before trying to sell them. Pretty poor presentation.[:(]

nikbj68

Interesting... No side repeaters.
   I thought it was a 2-wiper setup as well, but no, the middle one is missing!
   I wonder what the reserve is...could be a nice car with not much effort...(assuming there are no nasties under the paint!)

88epx

I agree, it looks a good car that with tidying could be a lot better.
   Word of caution, the ebay online history report states that it was registered as being involved in an accident, no details given, in 2008

AK1131

I contacted the seller regarding the accident report. He told me it happen during a smog inspection and the driver's side door was damaged. He did not tell me if there was body filler used during the repair. Another reason to not be SMOGGED.

C9OBY

Nice car

I wonder where it's going.... any guesses?

REV

Nice Car, well done.

When does it land?

:)

C9OBY

Hi Nick, if all goes to plan, it will start the 30-day sea voyage in a weeks time.  Then it's just clearing customs etc... so maybe about 60 days time?  Thanks for your earlier advice, I am also using Rinkens who are doing a good job.

nikbj68

Bloody well done Bruce!
   Looks like you`ve got a bargain there, and it`s going to be a little crowded in your garage!
   Hope the waiting isn`t TOOOOO difficult!
   Nice one, Nik.

C9OBY

Ak1222 has arrived, safe and sound from the USA and is now only a few miles from her birthplace.

A quick once over shows the car to be in very good condition.  The paint is perfect and the underside of the car is far tidier than expected - photos seen at purchase led me to believe that some sanding and re-sealing may be required, but almost all of the marks/scuffs under the car have turned out to be nothing more than dry dust covering and unmarked chassis members.

Watch this space as the UK registration process and ultimate re-furb begins....

AC Ace Bristol

Bruce

Congratulations on landing AK1222, Is the new project for road or track ?  and which one are you taking to Le Mans Classic 2012??
   A new dilemma ..... Decisions / Decisions ..[?]

If you get pushed for space,  give me a call and I will look after and exercise C9OBY .. ( As I know you ... NO CHARGE )..[:p]

Seriously, Nice pair of Cobras, looking forward to seeing AK1222 in the flesh.

Keith..[:)]..[:)]

dkp_cobra

Nice to see that also other young AC owners are repeaters. I also thought about a second MK IV but I ended with an Aceca. The advantage: it's closed [:)]

Have a lot of fun and keep us updated,

Peter