News:

SMF - installed December 2017.
Returning members - please use the 'Forgot Password' function when logging in to the new Forum for the first time. If you have changed your email address please let me know so I can update it.

Main Menu

BEX 389

Started by maeter1@me.com, September 02, 2024, 16:40:53

Previous topic - Next topic

maeter1@me.com

Good morning everyone,

I recently purchased an extremely original 1957 Ace Bristol at the RM Auction in Monterey, see https://rmsothebys.com/auctions/mo24/lots/r0156-1958-ac-acebristol/.  She was stored for 41 years, from 1970 until 2011.  I am missing a few items (subsequent post!) and would love some additional information.  The car will not be restored anytime soon, if ever, but will be fully reinstated to original as well as being mechanically 100% in order.

For one, I would appreciate a list of the contents of the tool kit, as well as a picture or two?  I have sourced a replica of the tool bag from Liverpool Works already.  Feel free to point out non-original items (the front indicator lights for example.)  We have already sourced an original set of PF700 Lucas.

Thank you in advance for any and all replies.

Very Best,

Pascal

AEX146

Pascal,
Congratulations on your purchase.
I am by no means an authority on ACs but here is a list of the tools I believe were supplied with an Ace.

Four Garrington open-ended spanners in Whitworth sizes.
A wood handled 8" Jenbro screwdriver
Jenbro 6" pliers
Spark plug box spanner and crossbar
Brake adjust spanner
Brake bleed spanner

The last two items have been the subject of discussion on the Forum in the past and batches of them have been remade to the original specification.

I was intrigued by your reference to buying a tool bag from Liverpool Works.
Has someone remade the tool bag? If so could you post their web site or contact details.

Regards,
Ben Morgan

maeter1@me.com

Good afternoon Ben,

Yes, the bag is being remade, you can see it here https://www.liverpoolmotorworks.com/menu.php?id=13.

Would you know the sizes of the spanners?

Thank you in advance,

Pascal

AEX146

Pascal,

Thank you for the lead to Liverpool Motorworks. My tools are currently in an old wine box so I could use the upgrade.

As to the size of the spanners mine are:
1/4W-5/16W
7/16W-1/2W
1/2W-9/16W
5/8W-11/16W

While all Garrington Merlin they are of two different styles and I doubt whether they are original to the car.

Regards,
Ben