News:

SMF - installed December 2017.
Returning members - please use the 'Forgot Password' function when logging in to the new Forum for the first time. If you have changed your email address please let me know so I can update it.

Main Menu

Aceca seat tracks

Started by Jim, July 02, 2024, 23:14:13

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim

Does anybody know where I can get a single set of seat tracks for my 56 Aceca?

Jim

Unfortunately Frederic Delaere passed away. He purchased a couple of things from me a few years ago but at the time I didn't have the second seat so I didn't follow up on the tracks. Frederic was a very pleasant fellow to deal with but not an option now.
Still looking. Did any other car use the same tracks?

COB4

Hi Jim,

I have various s/h parts of the seat track but not a complete set.

Email me and i can send some pics, details in membership list or recent Ad in ACtion.

Barry

Jim

Thanks to Barry I now will soon have the tracks that fit to the seat. Now I only need the top hat track parts that bolt to the floor. Anybody have an idea?

nicksonsticks

Hi Jim, I think I may have had the last set of seat runners from Frederik,  and they are absolutely beautiful! Thinking about your top hat section, if you've got some from your other seat as a pattern,  you could get this part made relatively cheaply.
Only a thought but hope it helps.
Kind regards Nick

Jim

Hi Nick. Thanks for the reply. I`m going to see if a fabricator can bend such heavy gauge steel.If so, as you say, it may be relatively easy. I`ll post if I find someone.

Jim

AE 501

I would be interested as well, assuming they are the same for an Ace?
Good luck

Chris

Jim

Thanks for every ones help. I'm good to go now.
One last question. I assume there should be a piece of wood above both sides of the upper seat tracks. Presently I have only on one side.

Klassik Metall

Hi Jim,
Sorry for the late response. The pieces of wood on the runners are only fitted on the outer (door) sides.This was for pinning in place the carpet side pieces on the seat. The tunnel sides seems to have done without.
Regards, Luke.

Jim

Hi Klassic.Thanks for the info. One more question. Do both seats have the leverol adjuster on the left hand side or is it left on left side and right on right side.

Jim

Klassik Metall

Both seats have the lever on the left side.