News:

SMF - installed December 2017.
Returning members - please use the 'Forgot Password' function when logging in to the new Forum for the first time. If you have changed your email address please let me know so I can update it.

Main Menu

At auction

Started by Big col, January 19, 2024, 21:34:28

Previous topic - Next topic

Big col

Hello Paho,
I am a little, at a loss as to your post. Can you please explain how the email system is used. I have sent a message to the recipient in the last postings and he has sent one to me. I haven't, and he hasn't, received an email. All we have is a message on the forum. Is that what you mean or am I missing something?
I might be rough but I'm slow as well.

Flagship

thanks paho, we've managed to suss it out. we got there in the end.

paho

Your welcome!
Just to complete the discussion, info to other members that might want to know how the mail feature is set up:
From the forum main menu, select "My Messages" , you end up in the "Inbox" display
Then select "Preferences" by holding the mouse cursor over Preferences
and then select "Change Settings" from the pop-up menu displayed.
There are a selection of options you can set/select from the page displayed, the most significant are:
"Notify by e-mail when you receive a personal message", this will send a notification to the e-mail address
you have in your forum profil. The system does not forward messages as far as I know.
"Receive personal messages from: All members etc (there are four options to select from)

I don't know if forwarding a message works to an external e-mail address but I haven't needed to do so as yet.......

If you need a full user description, select Help from the main menu and then select the Personal messages Topic link

/Paho
"Blessed are those that don't ask for they shall not receive"