News:

SMF - installed December 2017.
Returning members - please use the 'Forgot Password' function when logging in to the new Forum for the first time. If you have changed your email address please let me know so I can update it.

Main Menu

Water Pump

Started by Cygnusii, November 17, 2022, 13:38:47

Previous topic - Next topic

Cygnusii

Ian Irving-Fynn has developed an improved water pump for the 2 litre cars.  Mine was in very poor condition and I was not looking forward to finding a replacement.  Ian was able to repair the original housing and rebuild the pump using the much improved components he has made.  These pumps are a weakness in an otherwise nice engine.  With new pistons from Rod Briggs and Ian's rebuilt pump, I should have a good engine for touring.  Rod advertises in the newsletter.  Contact Ian at 07900 956024. 

Robin A Woolmer

Maybe i should start advertising my new Engine components, I am probably the only company making completely new water pumps for PVT & Post war Weller engines, the castings are significantly superior material with machining to a much higher standard than the original AC Company parts.
The AC Company Post War water pumps corrode quite badly & have a support bronze bush running in water unlubricated, we use a modern sealed stainless double row bearing with modern water seals, the first pump was made for a 2- litre saloon about 17 years ago & is believed to be still running well.
I understand we are the only company making completely new parts , a certain repair company is advertising for old water pump bodies which we would never do as we have our own casting patterns & use LM25TF aluminium.
All of our engine parts are made from best quality material & machined to a high standard, castings are made from our own tooling.
Owners should have confidence that new engine parts are available for these wonderful engines.

Robin     

dsjw1

Robin does the new pump also fit the Buckland? If so,what are you charging for one?

Robin A Woolmer

The Water Pumps will fit all Post War Weller Engines.
They are basically made to the AC Drawings with modified bearings, shafts & pulleys!
Robin