News:

SMF - installed December 2017.
Returning members - please use the 'Forgot Password' function when logging in to the new Forum for the first time. If you have changed your email address please let me know so I can update it.

Main Menu

Buckland windscreen help

Started by martinport, January 20, 2010, 09:36:16

Previous topic - Next topic

martinport

The (slow) restoration of my AC Buckland is progressing steadily but one thing has me foxed. I need to replace the glass in the windscreen but am unsure how the frame disassembles to allow this. It appears that the bottom rail is the only part that might come off to allow the glass to be slid out, but there are no screws (or they are well hidden), so do I need to break the corner joints t allow this to happen?

Many thanks in advance of your help.
   Martin Port
   PAR 419

davrix

Hi Martin,
   You may have this worked out by now? Anyway, I recall there are some small screws at the top sides of the windscreen 'piller's  which hold the frame together- these can be undone, and the frame split apart. the new glass needs some rubber to surround it - we sourced some flat rubber 'ribbon' from Adisons windscreens in Guildford. This is layed around the edge of the glass, and teh glass and rubber inserted into the frame. Excess rubber strip may then be removed with scalpel knife or similar. Hope this helps. What news of the restoration ? I keep looking for your update in Classic and Sportscar ...   David