News:

SMF - installed December 2017.
Returning members - please use the 'Forgot Password' function when logging in to the new Forum for the first time. If you have changed your email address please let me know so I can update it.

Main Menu

AC MKIV Fuel Filter

Started by lonzcllns, August 07, 2010, 02:27:59

Previous topic - Next topic

lonzcllns

I've decided it's time to replace the fuel filter on my 1985 AC MKIV (AK1058).  It appears to be a generic fuel filter that I could pick up at most auto supply stores.  The fuel line at the rear appears to be approx. 5/16" (7.93 mm) in diameter.  Does anyone who has changed the filter on their MKIV have any installation tips?

Mark IV

Lonnie,

see my reply on ClubCobra....

ANF289

quote:
Originally posted by lonzcllns

I've decided it's time to replace the fuel filter on my 1985 AC MKIV (AK1058).  It appears to be a generic fuel filter that I could pick up at most auto supply stores.  The fuel line at the rear appears to be approx. 5/16" (7.93 mm) in diameter.  Does anyone who has changed the filter on their MKIV have any installation tips?

There are 2 filters on fuel injected cars (may be different for cars with carbs): a 20 micron Fuel Filter (NAPA 3012) at the tank outlet and a 3-10 micron Fuel filter (NAPA 3097) located opposite from the fuel pump on the passenger side.

Flow Diagram: Tank – 2" fuel hose (all 5/16 dia) - 20u Fuel filter - 10" fuel hose – copper tube – 3" fuel hose – 3-10u Fuel filter – 14" fuel hose – copper tube – 12" fuel hose – Fuel Pump – 10" fuel hose – copper tube – Engine.

1) Siphon gas from tank.

2) Clamp hose descending from In-line 20 micron Fuel Filter (NAPA
   3012) @ tank outlet, detach hose at copper tube, and drain remaining gas into gas container.

3) Detach fuel hose from 3-10 micron Fuel filter (NAPA 3097) and drain remaining gas into container.

4) Replace filters and all old hoses [NAPA 4219LC Fuel Hose PCV/EEC 5/16 inch (8 mm)]

5) Refill gas tank.

Note that fuel injected cars use high-pressure hoses downstream from the pump.