News:

SMF - installed December 2017.
Returning members - please use the 'Forgot Password' function when logging in to the new Forum for the first time. If you have changed your email address please let me know so I can update it.

Main Menu

Aceca Window Felt

Started by pjbowman, July 11, 2009, 21:47:12

Previous topic - Next topic

pjbowman

Has anyone replaced the window felt that goes in the channels of the roll-up windows on an Aceca? I just had the window frames rechromed, and bought some replacement channel felt from Ron Leonard. However, the stuff he supplies is rubber covered with a thin felt, and it's basically too large to push into the channeles once the frame is installed. And I have to install the frames first, since there are screws that hold the frame in place, and to the quarter window frames, that must be installed from inside the channels. So I need some advice/source for a diffeent channel felt to complete the windows.

Any ideas out there?
Peter B.

Gus Meyjes

Woolies in the UK sells a ton of aftermarket stuff like this for classics, you may be able to find something there.

Gus

AcecaRacer

pjbowman

Yes - the stuff I got from Ron Leonard eventually fit, took some 'manipulation', but once I figured it all out it works like a champ.

Peter
Peter B.

AcecaRacer