News:

SMF - installed December 2017.
Returning members - please use the 'Forgot Password' function when logging in to the new Forum for the first time. If you have changed your email address please let me know so I can update it.

Main Menu

The truth about the Mark V

Started by Clive Sutton, August 19, 2009, 02:17:01

Previous topic - Next topic

Clive Sutton

See the next issue of Octane for an exclusive insight into the MkV and the Malta years.. Out this coming weekend.

Chafford

Clive

Rather depressing.

However you won't go far wrong with Gardner Douglas. They now do a nice replica based on the MkIV shape.

Clive Sutton

Indeed but the entry into the world of AC and Cobra is one that I will now turn into commercial success. I have a Gardner Douglas which I am using to firm up the specification of our own car..

quote:
Originally posted by Chafford

Clive

Rather depressing.

However you won't go far wrong with Gardner Douglas. They now do a nice replica based on the MkIV shape.

Chafford

Sounds interesting! Who's going to build it?

quote:
Originally posted by Clive Sutton

Indeed but the entry into the world of AC and Cobra is one that I will now turn into commercial success. I have a Gardner Douglas which I am using to firm up the specification of our own car..

quote:
Originally posted by Chafford

Clive

Rather depressing.

Chafford

quote:
Originally posted by Clive Sutton

The CS Mark 7 (I assume Clive Sutton rather than Carroll Shelby!)

http://www.clivesutton.co.uk/carsavailable/cobra/cs-mark-7/CS%20Mark%207%20-%20The%20Contemporary%20Cobra.pdf

terry3000me

I see the specification refers to 'GD' would I be right in assuming Gardiner Douglas?
   http://www.gdcars.com/html/overview.html

Terry

Chafford

quote:
Originally posted by terry3000me

I see the specification refers to 'GD' would I be right in assuming Gardiner Douglas?
   http://www.gdcars.com/html/overview.html

Terry

Yes, it looks like a special GD commissioned by Clive Sutton. Having had his fingers burnt with the AC Mk V, you can't blame him for going with this rather than the AC Mk VI. The shape looks rather good, based on a mould taken from a Mk IV,I believe.

aaron

So this car will be marketed as the Gardner Douglas mk 7 ?

Chafford

quote:
Originally posted by aaron

So this car will be marketed as the Gardner Douglas mk 7 ?

Presumably Clive will market it as his own product, hence the 'CS', even though the car is a 'GD' underneath.

A nice product, but what a shame that AC couldn't deliver with the Mk V!