News:

SMF - installed December 2017.
Returning members - please use the 'Forgot Password' function when logging in to the new Forum for the first time. If you have changed your email address please let me know so I can update it.

Main Menu

CRS Clutch cables available.

Started by Alan Faulkner-Stevens, October 30, 2006, 20:52:50

Previous topic - Next topic

Alan Faulkner-Stevens

Some visitors to the site may remember I posted a note about my MOT maladies of having to run the car on the MOT Staion ramp at high rpm to clean the oxygen sensors to get the cat through the emission test part of the MOT. The result was a very hot underbody area and a cooked clutch cable. I repaired my existing cable and manufactured a spare whilst I was at it. To that end I have had five more made based upon Mustang originals, as the Factory did, but I have added more heat reflective sleeving. I have let 3 other CRS owners have one each and I have two left. If any owner would like one please contact me on faulknerstevens@btinternet.com. They are at actual cost of the work/importation/modification etc and I'm expecting the cost to be about £100 plus VAT. They are to be delivered to me by the end of this week and I shall know the final cost.
   Alan Faulkner-Stevens

Jan_AC_MKIV_1227

Hi Alan,
      Would that cable work on a 1988 MKIV??

Thanks,
   Jan

Alan Faulkner-Stevens

Dear Jan, I believe the Mark IV cars use a similar cable but it is actually shorter than a CRS Cobra. However, Gerry Hawkridge and Big Al at Thunder Road are starting to manufacture MkIV cables themselves. If you contact them they may very be able to supply you a LHD one, I'm assuming your car is LHD, directly. If you do not have a contact number please let me know and I'll find one for you, best wishes
   Alan

C9OBY

Hi everyone

I received my cable from Alan over the weekend and can confirm that it's a beauty.  It's very well made and the perfect addition to my travelling spares collection.

Alan, many thanks for getting them made and sent out.

Cheers
   Bruce

Mark-Anthony

Hi Alan

Many thanks for the spare cable.  Nice piece of kit.  The peace of mind is worth the expense.  The only thing that bothers me is that now that I've bought it - I'll never need it.  It'll sit in my CRS boot and gather dust (as it were).  Naturally if I hadn't bought one the next time I'm in some miserable, sheep-infested, garage free, mountainous, rain-soaked part of the world (Wales) the clutch cable on my 3,000 mile car would part like wet tissue paper leaving me at the mercy of the locals!  Baaaaaaaaa!

Mark-Anthony