News:

SMF - installed December 2017.
Returning members - please use the 'Forgot Password' function when logging in to the new Forum for the first time. If you have changed your email address please let me know so I can update it.

Main Menu

Ace engine on B.A. T.

Started by pjbowman, March 04, 2021, 04:53:06

Previous topic - Next topic

pjbowman

An Ace engine has appeared on Bring A Trailer. Not a lot of info supplied, and looks a bit rough.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1959-ac-ace/
Peter B.

Robin A Woolmer

They could at least have cleaned it up, many of the comments on web site are clearly wrong, if it was a good running engine it would be worth an owner of an Ace to pick it up for a sensible price!
Robin

pjbowman

Quote from: Robin A Woolmer on March 04, 2021, 10:34:06
They could at least have cleaned it up, many of the comments on web site are clearly wrong, if it was a good running engine it would be worth an owner of an Ace to pick it up for a sensible price!
Robin

Robin (or anyone else) - any idea what a 'sensible' price would be?
Peter B.

Robin A Woolmer

$1,000-$1,500 would be worth more if the accessories were included.
Hope Ace Owner is putting a replacement Weller Engine In it? Don't know why Seller is not keeping the engine with the car!
Robin

pjbowman

Bid up to $2500 already...way more than I'd shell out. Prices on B.A.T. have been crazy lately!
Peter B.

pjbowman

Now at $4000USD with 6 hours left!
Peter B.

pjbowman

Sold for...get ready...$18,000 US! Unbelievable.
Peter B.

Robin A Woolmer

Makes my New Engines look a Bargain

Robin

pjbowman

Robin, I agree! Unless the person who bought the engine always AE90, the car it came out of, I don't get the price. Maybe auction fever.
Peter B.