News:

SMF - installed December 2017.
Returning members - please use the 'Forgot Password' function when logging in to the new Forum for the first time. If you have changed your email address please let me know so I can update it.

Main Menu

CF64 Expansion Tank Bracketry

Started by Englishman, September 01, 2009, 04:39:09

Previous topic - Next topic

Englishman

Gentlemen,

Foolishly I thought my parts quest was over but alas this is not the case. We have the top hose and radiator expansion box both beautifully manufactered by Great Dane and we have the dimensions of the spacers that the box sits on.

The question is what do the spacers sit on and what is the bracketry that holds the expansion box in place, at present we have no idea as we look at it just empty space. We have a few ideas of tying to the cross member or the top of the shock absorber post.

If anyone has a sketch or photos of how this little gem of a tank fits into the car it goes without saying that we would be most grateful to be imparted with this knowledge.

Cheers

Peter

cliffordl

English

My tank sits on two welded-on brackets - one triangular with folded over top bolting at the bottom to the engine, the other flat with a strut down to the waterpump. Photos may help;

Email me if you need more photos or measurements. Looking at the pics I need to get some serious under bonnet cleaning done.

Englishman

Clifford,

Many thanks, all information helps to complete the jigsaw puzzle.

Peter