News:

SMF - installed December 2017.
Returning members - please use the 'Forgot Password' function when logging in to the new Forum for the first time. If you have changed your email address please let me know so I can update it.

Main Menu

AC Cobra Ace web site

Started by aex125, August 30, 2009, 15:13:31

Previous topic - Next topic

aex125

A link to this web site just showed up on the Club Cobra forum. Some familiar pics, but many I have not seen before.

http://www.cobracars.be/

Jay

AC Ace Bristol

Jay

Very interesting great mix of pictures, Old & New ...  Most of the modern ones are very familiar,  However some of the earlier Black & White pictures of   LOY500 / JOY500, Ace, Ace Bristol were new to me.
   The colour pictures of LM5000  are great.

Definitely worth a visit.

Keith

pjbowman

I noticed in the picture of 100 FPC that it appears to have a bench seat? Does anyone know the chasis number of this car, and was it so equiped?

Peter
Peter B.

AC Ace Bristol

Peter

100FPC is/was a Ace Bristol Chassis number BE431 (Engine 100D783),
   I believe the picture was taken at Brands Hatch in 1959,  Driven by .... J M Mann?
   Well spotted Peter, It was infact fitted with a bench seat and potentially a 2/3 seater Ace.
   Dispite being raced by various owners from 1958 through to 1965/6 and being a well known Ace, It was recorded stolen in 1966 and has not been heard of since.

Does any one know of the where abouts of this Ace, Chassis / Body or Engine???

Keith

pjbowman

Thanks Keith. Would be interesting to see a full interior picture with the bench, squeezing 3 people into an Ace would require getting VERY friendly! And maybe a contortionist for the middle....
Peter B.

aex125

I had a chance to peel back the onion some more tonight and there are many great pics here on the sub layers. Under the Cobra section take a look at the Fabriek section. There are many pics of the AC factory when making the Cobras. There is some great stuff here.
   Peter,
   Good eye on the bench seat. How many cars were made with that option.
   Jay

AC Ace Bristol

Peter & Jay

I dare say it could have been an special factory option,or a one off personal modification to accomodate a Child.

Wouldn't have thought this seating arrangement was very supporting whilst racing, Without seat belts one would slide across the bench seat which must have made cornering a hairy experience.

Maybe some one from AC Heritage or AC Thames Ditton trimming dept can confirm whether a Bench seat was a special option?

Keith

1984MkIV

Removed to allow an answer to Keith's question - if anyone knows?